Connect with us

News

2023: Electing Tinubu is transition to fire from frying pan – Atiku

Published

on

Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has said that any attempt by Nigerians to elect Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the 2023 general elections would amount to transiting from frying pan to fire.

The PDP candidate, in a press statement on Sunday signed by Phrank Shaibu, Special Assistant on Public Communications, to Atiku, noted that Nigerians must not be deceived by Tinubu’s message of renewed hope, stressing that it is hopelessness in disguise.

“It is less than one week to the election, and expectedly, campaigns have reached fever pitch. But amidst the excitement and tension, voters must guard their hearts jealously as the ruling APC will try to use every subterfuge and stratagem in its manual to deceive them once more. These last days are similar to the end time predicted in the Holy books,” he said.

Atiku added, “Nigerians must not let themselves be deceived by this con-man selling renewed hopelessness disguised as renewed hope. Your hope will be stolen from you if he is allowed to govern Nigeria. That indeed will be a state of hopelessness – hell on earth, frying pan to fire.”

The former Vice President said that as part of the grand deception, Tinubu, who started his campaign mid last year with a promise to continue with President Muhammadu Buhari’s “impeccable legacy,” has in the last three weeks been promising to reverse them.

Atiku urged Tinubu to make up his mind on whether he was running on Buhari’s legacy or running against it so as not to deceive innocent voters.

He said, “Tinubu says the petrol scarcity and the naira shortage are aimed at scuttling his ambition. Later, he and his acolytes said they were only voicing out against the policy out of sheer concern for the masses. These are people who never muttered a word when students spent 10 months at home in 2020 and eight months at home in 2022 due to unprecedented university lecturers’ strike.

“These are people that never criticised the President at the height of the insecurity when school children were being abducted almost on a daily basis and when the naira witnessed a free fall that led to a sharp increase in the price of goods.

Atiku further stated, “He has been very pugnacious, believing that his bullion vans stashed with old Naira notes can deliver the votes to him.”

“Someone needs to tell Tinubu and his band of APC governors to please give up this irritating ostentatious performance of moral propriety. They are not angry about the naira redesign because they love the masses. They are only angry that their plan to unleash bullion vans on poor Nigerians has been thwarted.”

Atiku said should Tinubu become the president of Nigeria, he will turn the country into his personal fiefdom and a one party state by muzzling the opposition as he had done in Lagos since 1999.

He added that Tinubu would also turn the National Assembly into his foot stool and orchestrate the fall of the 4th Republic.

Meanwhile, the Directorate of Civic Engagement of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Presidential Campaign Council (PCC), in Osun State has said that Tinubu stands a better chance to win the election because different groups in the state would vote for him.

Mr Olatunbosun Oyintiloye, the Chairman of the Directorate said this while receiving an award of outstanding performance from the Osun Chapter of the Association of Mobile Telecommunications Engineers of Nigeria (AMTEN), on Sunday in Osogbo.

Oyintiloye said that Tinubu has shown capacity to be elected President of the country, pointing out that from engagements with different groups in the state, it has become clear that the former Lagos State Governor would win the election because he has an edge over other candidates at the polls.

He maintained that as Lagos State Governor, Tinubu deployed effective strategies that improved service delivery and efficiency in the administration of public funds, and urged Nigerians to vote for him for the country to witness real transformation.

“At this critical period in the life of the country, the only person that can bring Nigeria back to the path of glory is Tinubu. It is in the interest of all Nigerians that Tinubu should be elected president due to his track-record in public and private sectors

“He has the experience to tackle the challenges confronting the country and restore hope back to Nigerians. So we urge Nigerians to come out en mass on February 25 to vote for Tinubu and all APC candidates in the interest of better Nigeria,” he said.

He added, “With the door-to-door campaign embarked on by the directorate, APC in the state would deliver massive votes for Tinubu.”

Oyintiloye commended members of the association for the honour done to him, even as he promised to continue to support them.

Rasaki Ejalonibu, the president of the association said that the award was given to Oyintiloye because of his contribution to the development of the group, and promised that members of the association would vote massively for Tinubu and other APC candidates in the general elections.

He noted that despite the scarcity of the new naira notes and hike in fuel price, members of the party are determined to come out en mass to vote for Tinubu.

Texas Guardian News

News

Bizarre Epstein files reference to Trump, Putin, and oral sex with ‘Bubba’ draws scrutiny in Congress

Published

on

The latest tranche of emails from the estate of late convicted pedophile Jeffrey Epstein includes one that contains what appear to be references to President Donald Trump allegedly performing oral sex, raising questions the committee cannot answer until the Department of Justice turns over records it has withheld, says U.S. Rep. Robert Garcia, the top Democrat on the House Oversight Committee.

Garcia insists the Trump White House is helping block them.

In a Friday afternoon interview with The Advocate, the out California lawmaker responded to a 2018 exchange, which was included in the emails released, between Jeffrey Epstein and his brother, Mark Epstein. In that message, Mark wrote that because Jeffrey Epstein had said he was with former Trump adviser Steve Bannon, he should “ask him if Putin has the photos of Trump blowing Bubba.”

“Bubba” is a nickname former President Bill Clinton has been known by; however, the email does not clarify who Mark Epstein meant, and the context remains unclear.

Texas Guardian News
Continue Reading

News

USDA head says ‘everyone’ on SNAP will now have to reapply

Published

on

Agriculture Secretary Brooke Rollins on Thursday said the Trump administration is planning to have all Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP) beneficiaries reapply for the program due to alleged fraud.

The secretary said after receiving data on SNAP recipients from 29 red states that “186,000 deceased men and women and children in this country are receiving a check.”

“Can you imagine when we get our hands on the blue state data what we’re going to find?” she asked during a Thursday appearance on Newsmax’s “Rob Schmitt Tonight.”

“It’s going to give us a platform and a trajectory to fundamentally rebuild this program, have everyone reapply for their benefit, make sure that everyone that’s taking a taxpayer-funded benefit through SNAP or food stamps, that they literally are vulnerable, and they can’t survive without it,” she added.

Every state has a periodic recertification process that requires SNAP or food stamp recipients to update their whereabouts and earnings, according to the Department of Agriculture (USDA). Most municipalities require updated data every six to 12 months.

“Secretary Rollins wants to ensure the fraud, waste, and incessant abuse of SNAP ends,” a USDA spokesperson said in a statement to The Hill. “Rates of fraud were only previously assumed, and President Trump is doing something about it. Using standard recertification processes for households is a part of that work. As well as ongoing analysis of State data, further regulatory work, and improved collaboration with States. “

Earlier this month, food stamps were threatened amid the government shutdown as the Trump administration argued against using contingency funds to fuel the welfare program.

Texas Guardian News
Continue Reading

News

Trump orders Bondi to investigate Epstein’s ties to Clinton and other political foes

Published

on

NEW YORK (AP) — Acceding to President Donald Trump’s demands, U.S. Attorney General Pam Bondi said Friday that she has ordered a top federal prosecutor to investigate sex offender Jeffrey Epstein’s ties to Trump political foes, including former President Bill Clinton.

Bondi posted on X that she was assigning Manhattan U.S. Attorney Jay Clayton to lead the probe, capping an eventful week in which congressional Republicans released nearly 23,000 pages of documents from Epstein’s estate and House Democrats seized on emails mentioning Trump.

Trump, who was friends with Epstein for years, didn’t explain what supposed crimes he wanted the Justice Department to investigate. None of the men he mentioned in a social media post demanding the probe has been accused of sexual misconduct by any of Epstein’s victims.

Hours before Bondi’s announcement, Trump posted on his Truth Social platform that he would ask her, the Justice Department and the FBI to investigate Epstein’s “involvement and relationship” with Clinton and others, including former Treasury Secretary Larry Summers and LinkedIn founder and Democratic donor Reid Hoffman.

Trump, calling the matter “the Epstein Hoax, involving Democrats, not Republicans,” said the investigation should also include financial giant JPMorgan Chase, which provided banking services to Epstein, and “many other people and institutions.”

“This is another Russia, Russia, Russia Scam, with all arrows pointing to the Democrats,” the Republican president wrote, referring to special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation of alleged Russian interference in Trump’s 2016 election victory over Bill Clinton’s wife, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

Asked later Friday whether he should be ordering up such investigations, Trump told reporters aboard Air Force One: “I’m the chief law enforcement officer of the country. I’m allowed to do it.”

In a July memo regarding the Epstein investigation, the FBI said, “We did not uncover evidence that could predicate an investigation against uncharged third parties.”

The president’s demand for an investigation — and Bondi’s quick acquiescence — is the latest example of the erosion of the Justice Department’s traditional independence from the White House since Trump took office.

It is also an extraordinary attempt at deflection. For decades, Trump himself has been scrutinized for his closeness to Epstein — though like the people he now wants investigated, he has not been accused of sexual misconduct by Epstein’s victims.

None of Trump’s proposed targets were accused of sex crimes

Texas Guardian News
Continue Reading

Trending